Blocking cookies will not affect your further use or ease of use of our website.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are currently used on almost all websites. They are small text files which are stored on your device (computer, tablet or smart phone) when you visit our website. The anonymous data which is collected helps us to find out what information is important to you, so that we can optimise our website and campaigns.
For example, cookies ensure that you don't have to enter the same information or select a language each time you visit our website. In this way, we make it easier for you to navigate our website. Cookies also allow us to see how our website is being used and how we can improve it. The cookie statement explains which cookies we use to facilitate our online services.
Types of cookies that we use:
- Essential/optimisation cookies
To ensure that our website is properly displayed and provide you with optimum ease of use, we use technically essential cookies. For example, the cookies remember a specific format or setting that you have created, e.g.:
- by storing preferences, including language, location, the desired number of search results to be displayed, etc.;
- by storing settings for optimum video display, including the desired buffer size and resolution details for your computer screen;
- by reading browser settings in order to optimise the way our website is displayed on your computer screen;
- by tracking misuse of our website by, for example, recording a number of consecutive failed login attempts;
- by spreading the load on the website to ensure that that it remains accessible.
No permission is required to use these cookies. These cookies cannot be switched off.
We also use these cookies to obtain statistical information:
- by recording the number of visitors to our website
- by recording the time that each visitor spends on our website
- by recording the order in which a visitor visits the different pages on our website
- by assessing which parts of our website need to be updated
- by optimising the website
- Social media and external cookies
If you are logged into social media on which you are active and have given permission for cookies on the Linssen Boating Holidays website, you can use additional functionalities. For example, it will be easy to share information, like articles, etc. For the cookies that the social media parties install and the possible data that they collect with them, please refer to the statements that these parties place on their own websites on this subject. Please note that the statements can change regularly. Linssen Boating Holidays has no influence on this.
You have to give your agreement for these cookies. By navigating away from the homepage to pages further into the website, you are automatically agreeing to the use of these cookies.
- Google Adwords / remarketing / Facebook / YouTube
Google Adwords is a system for displaying online advertisements on third-party websites (i.e. not on the Linssen Boating Holidays website). Linssen Boating Holidays uses tracking and remarketing cookies so as to be able to provide you with the most relevant advertisements via this system. It records which page has been visited. Because of this, you may find that – after visiting our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel – you see an advertisement for Linssen Boating Holidays on a third-party website.
It is possible to block cookies. Most internet browsers can be set not to accept cookies. This does not affect our website or the way in which you can view it. The way in which you can block cookies depends on the browser you use. Please refer to the information provided by your own browser.
Removing cookies after they have been installed
You can also remove cookies from your device. How you do this will again depend on your browser. Please refer to the information provided by your own browser.